Real estate in Perast – general overview.
Perast is located in the center of the Boka Kotorska Bay just across the Verige strait on the sunniest part of the Bay. Its architecture is typical of the towns that flourished during the reign of the Venetian Republic, and represents the mixture of the venetian style and the need to defend the town from the many invaders. Each building was a home and fortress at the same time; the walls were so thick and strong that they survived the years and now look even better with patina of age. For centuries Perast has been a home of wealthy merchants and the naval captains. Along the sea is the main street ‘Strada Maestra’ lined by the villas and buildings. From the main street small local streets branch out that lead to the houses located further from the sea. All buildings are facing south-west. The town consists of approximately 400 different properties, with many beautiful churches and palaces that date back to the 16th, 17th and 18th century.
Today new main road goes behind Perast and modern parking places are located both at the east and the west end of the town.
Why to invest in Perast?
- Perast real estate is limited, the town is protected by UNESCO as a cultural heritage of Mediterranean architecture and lifestyle and one cannot add nor build anything new
- Flow charts of property prices for Perast real estate show no major oscillations over past 15 years.
- Perast is very popular tourist destination and the rental yields are strong.
- It is naturally a beautiful place
Shortly: Perast is a landmark (location, location, location principle) and property market in Perast is just like the prices of gold or … Coca-Cola shares. Although, we would like to point out the differences that in favor of Perast properties:
- One can use it more often than gold and
- Mediterranean food and climate is definitely healthier than Coca-Cola :-)
What are the current prices for Perast real estate?
Average prices for buying an apartment in Perast go in-between 4.100 to 5.550 Eur/m2 and available average sizes varies from 50 to 75 m2.
Average prices for buying a house in Perast go in-between 3.500 to 4.750 Eur/m2 and available average sizes varies from 100 to 150 m2.