Citizenship by Investment Program, Montenegro
The Citizenship by Investment Program in Montenegro was launched in 2019. Applicants now have the opportunity to obtain Montenegrin citizenship and passport by making the qualifying investment into a government-approved development project.
- Montenegro has recently opened the final chapter in the negotiations process for joining the EU
- Montenegro is now a full member of NATO, the UN, UNESCO, WTO, OESCE. The full list can be found here: http://www.mvp.gov.me/rubrike/multilateralni-odnosi/UN/Clanstvo-CrneGore-u-medjunarodnim-organizacijama/
- Montenegrin citizens enjoy visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to 124 countries, it is ranked 47th in the world in terms of travel freedom
- Business friendly company registration, and low taxes – Income tax 9%, VAT 21%, annual property tax on residential buildings and apartments of 0.25% of estimated market value, significant number of tax deductions for investors in less developed parts of Montenegro, especially in the agriculture sector
- Political and social stability
Options for investment:
- EUR 250,000 investment into a government-approved real estate project in the Northern regions of the country
- EUR 450,000 investment into a government-approved real estate project in the capital Podgorica or in the coastal regions of the country.
In addition, EUR 100,000 must be donated to a government development fund.
Application fees are EUR 15,000 for the first applicant, and EUR 10,000 for each of the four family members. For every additional family member, the application fee is EUR 50,000.
- No criminal record
- Proof of the source of the funds that are being invested
- Being over 18 years of age
If approved by the Government bodies, the procedure from submission to the Government until the approval takes approximately three (3) months. Thereafter, families need to visit Montenegro to collect their citizenship documents.
These are the investment projects approved for this program
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more detailed information and to discuss the selected government-approved investment projects.